Sensei John Gardiner is the chief instructor of the Southend Ishinryu Karate Club, and is a current member of the England Karate Team with numerous titles to his name. He has competed all over Europe and represented England in an invitational championship in Qatar, 2012.
John began his Karate training in Shotokan, achieving his 1st Dan Black Belt in 2004, before moving to Ishinryu in 2005. This is where he was awarded his 3rd Dan (bypassing 2nd Dan) by Sensei Ticky Donovan OBE 9th Dan in 2010.
- Multiple English National Champion
- Multiple British National Champion
- Portugal International Open Champion
- European Grand Prix Winner
- Austrian Grand Prix Winner
- 3 x Irish Open Champion
- FSKA World Shotokan Champion
- Ishinryu Senior Kata Champion
Click below to view venue details & times